In this day and age "normal" is starting to be pushed aside in favour of a new way of looking at the workforce. It used to be that everyone worked 9-5 and Monday through Friday. However now, thanks to the rise of independent, online companies, freelancing has become not only a popular, but also effective way for web designers in London to make money and offer a wide range of services to employers without having to hire full-time employees.
What are the pros and cons of hiring a freelance web designer? Is it really worth it? Does it work?
- Freedom: the ability to communicate outside of normal business hours and often freelance web developers are willing to communicate with you when it best works for you.
- Saves you money: Freelancers cost less than hiring a permanent employee. That’s not necessarily because they charge a low hourly rate, but because they’re much more cost-efficient. Even at a high hourly rate, you can save money with a freelancer because:
- You only pay for the work they do, which means none of the money is wasted on downtime.
- You don’t have to pay for things like taxes association with the PAYE system and statutory holidays, or additional costs like office space or supplies.
- Flexibility: this is a big one. Freelance website designers are usually willing to work outside-the-box, be creative, and take on a wide variety of projects.
- Minimize your work load: instead of having to train an employee for a task, a freelance web developer that specializes in the job often has had more experience and since they work on their own most of the time they tend to be good at taking initiative and need little guidance.
- Space: free up all the space! Since a freelance graphic designer can work from anywhere it eliminates the need for you to provide office space. A freelancer simply works from home and then delivers to you the final product.
- They are experts: since you are hiring them for a specific job freelance web developers tend to be more experienced in the field, and generally the most suitable for the job. Meaning that they will complete the job without you having to hire someone afterwards to finish the project.
So from all this we can gather that hiring a freelancer web developer in London can save you time, money, space, gives you more flexibility, and provides you with better work at a much lower cost.
If you’ve never hired a freelancer web or graphic designer before and are nervous about how to start the process don’t worry, because due to the nature of their job and the meeting of many people in different fields they tend to be extremely friendly and can help work with to you to make sure that they understand what you need, and deliver exactly what you are looking for.
Have I helped you to realise the importance of outsourcing your work? Let me know if I can help you?